3 Months Free Insurance - Terms and Conditions
The Terms & Conditions below are provided by UK Underwriting
Ltd, on behalf of Primary Insurance Company Ltd and
Mobile Phone Supercover Ltd. They apply to your 3 months
free insurance gift certificate.
Note that mPhone are not party to this insurance cover and
are not involved in any way apart from supplying you with
the free gift certificate, when you buy a SIM Free phone from
Your three Months Free Mobile Phone Insurance Cover
We will provide insurance for your mobile phone/PDA for 3
months free of charge, subject to the terms and conditions
and limitations shown below or as amended in writing by us.
You will receive further details of your insurance policy
by post within 21 days of receipt of your details and please
note that you may cancel your insurance cover at any time
Your mobile phone is covered for:
A. Accidental Damage - We will pay repair costs if your mobile
phone or PDA is damaged as the result of an accident.
B. Theft - If your mobile phone or PDA is stolen we will
replace it. Where only part or parts of your mobile phone
or PDA have been stolen, we will only replace that part or
C. Loss - If you lose your mobile phone or PDA we will replace
This policy offers replacement only and is not a replacement
as new policy. If the mobile phone/PDA cannot be replaced
with an identical mobile phone/PDA of the same age and condition,
we will replace it with one of comparable specification or
the equivalent value taking into account the age and condition
of the original mobile phone/PDA.
What we will pay
Executive Insurance Cover – the maximum replacement value
we shall be liable for in respect of any single claim is £1000.
Your Bank details will be passed to companies only involved
in the administration of your insurance (and will never be
used for any other purposes without your prior consent) to
set up your free three months insurance. A direct debit will
be set up for the fourth month. If for any reason your direct
debit can not be setup for the fourth month we will attempt
to contact you and in the event that we are still unable to
set up your direct debit you may lose your cover. From the
fourth month onwards your insurance will only continue if
the monthly premium has been paid.
Your mobile phone/PDA is not covered for
1. Loss or Theft (in the instances outlined below):
- from any commercial vehicle, convertible or soft topped
- from any motor vehicle where you or someone acting on
your behalf is not in the vehicle, unless the mobile phone/PDA
has been concealed in a locked boot, locked glove compartment
or other locked internal compartment and all the vehicle’s
windows and doors closed and locked and all security systems
have been activated;
- if left on any motor vehicle roof, bonnet or boot.
- from any type of transport except as permitted above;
- from any building, land or premises unless force, resulting
in damage to the building or premises, was used to gain
entry or exit;
- from your control or the control of any member of your
immediate family, except where it has been concealed either
on or about the person and not left unattended, or the use
of physical force or violence against the person has been
used or threatened;
- where the mobile phone/PDA has been left unattended when
it is away from your home.
- where reasonable precautions have not been taken.
2. Loss or damage caused by :
- you deliberately damaging or neglecting the mobile phone/PDA;
- not following the manufacturer’s instructions;
- routine servicing, inspection, maintenance or cleaning.
- the use of accessories.
- if the serial, IMEI or ESN number has been tampered with
in any way.
3. Repair or other costs for :
- routine servicing, inspection, maintenance or cleaning;
- loss caused by a manufacturer’s defect or recall of the
- replacement of or adjustment to fittings, control knobs
or buttons, batteries or aerials;
- repairs carried our by persons not authorised by us.
- wear and tear or gradual deterioration of performance.
4. Any kind of damage whatsoever unless the damaged phone
is provided for repair
5. Any loss involving a SIM (subscriber identity module)
card, Network card or Communicator whether it is stolen, damaged
or used without authority.
6. Any expense incurred as a result of not being able to
use the mobile phone/PDA, or any loss other than the repair
or replacement costs of the mobile phone/PDA.
7. The first £25 of each theft or accidental damage claim
or the first £50 of each loss claim or the first £75 of each
claim Outside the UK, Isle of Man and Channel Islands.
8. Loss of or damage to accessories of any kind
9. Any loss or damage caused by the failure of any electrical
or computer equipment, software, micro-controller, microchip,
accessories or associated equipment to correctly recognise
and process any calendar date or time.
10. If the original SIM card was not in the mobile phone
at the time of the loss, damage or theft.
11. Reconnection costs or subscription fees of any kind.
12. The cost of replacing any personalised ring tones or
graphics. Please note: If you are insuring a PDA (without
SIM card capability), all exclusions relating to SIM cards
are non applicable.
13. The cost of any unauthorised calls following the theft,
loss or damage of the mobile phone.
The words and phrases defined below have the same meaning
wherever they appear in bold in this certificate.
Commercial vehicle - any vehicle used wholly or partly for
commercial or business purposes or any other vehicle that
is being used for commercial or business purposes at the
time of any loss or damage to the mobile phone/PDA.
Immediate family - your mother, father, son, daughter, spouse,
Mobile phone/PDA - the single cellular telephone insured
by this certificate, purchased by you and provided by a supplier
approved by us.
Period of cover - 1 (one) calendar month from the inception
date, renewing monthly on the same day each month (the last
day of the month will apply appropriately to each month) provided
the monthly premium is paid.
Three months free of charge - no charge or obligation for
three months from the commencement of policy
Reasonable precautions - all measures that it would be reasonable
to expect a person to take in the circumstances to prevent
loss, damage or theft of your mobile phone/PDA
Unattended - not within your sight at all times and out of
your arms-length reach.
Reasonable precautions - all measures that it would be reasonable
to expect a person to take to prevent theft, loss or damage
of the insured Mobile phone/PDA.
We, us, our - UK Underwriting Ltd, on behalf of Primary Insurance
You, you - the person, who owns the mobile phone/PDA supplied
with this certificate.
Conditions and limitations
1. Unless we have agreed differently with you, English law
and the decisions of English courts will govern this insurance.
2. This insurance only covers a mobile phone/PDA bought and
used in the UK, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands.
Cover is extended to include use of the mobile phone/PDA anywhere
in the world.
up to a maximum of 60 days in total, in any single 12 month
period, subject to any repairs being carried out in the UK
by repairers approved by us.
3. You must provide us with any receipts, documents or proof
of purchase, that it is reasonable for us to request.
4. This insurance may only be altered, varied or its conditions
altered or premium changed by one of our authorised officials,
giving you 30 days notice in writing.
5. We may cancel the policy by giving you 30 days notice
in writing. In the event of any claim you are responsible
for the payment of any outstanding premium.
6. This insurance is automatically cancelled;
- if you do not pay the premium for this insurance
- if you submit a claim knowing it to be false, fraudulent
or a misrepresentation
- if we replace the mobile phone/PDA following a valid claim
7. You cannot transfer the insurance to someone else or to
another mobile phone/PDA without our written permission.
8. You must take all reasonable precautions to prevent any
loss or damage.
9. Cover excludes costs or payments recoverable from any
party, under the terms of any other contract, guarantees,
warranty or insurance.
10. If the Direct Debit is cancelled or unsuccessful at any
given point, no benefits shall be due whatsoever.
1. You must;
- notify us as soon as possible but in any event within
48 hours of any claim under this insurance.
- report the theft/loss of the mobile phone, within 12
hours of discovery, to the Airtime Provider and blacklist
- report the theft/loss to the Police within 24 hours of
discovery and obtain a crime/loss reference number.
- provide us with details of the claim and any other contract,
guarantee, warranty or insurance that may apply to the loss
including but not limited to household insurance. Where
appropriate a representative proportion of the claim may
be recovered direct from these Insurers.
2. If we replace your mobile phone/PDA the damaged or lost
item(s) becomes ours. If it is returned or found you must
notify us and send it to us if we ask you to.
We will process your claim under the terms and conditions
of this insurance based on the first reason notified to us
for the claim. If your claim is not covered and you then submit
a claim having changed the reason we consider this as fraud.
Details of all such cases will be passed to appropriate agencies
We are proud of our reputation for fairness in our treatment
of our customers. However, occasionally disputes or misunderstandings
can arise. Any enquiry or complaint you have regarding your
Policy should be addressed to: The Customer Services Director,
Mobile Phone Supercover Ltd., 204 Cumberland House, 80 Scrubs
Lane, London, NW10 6RF. (Mobile Phone Supercover Ltd and
Mobile Phone World Ltd are authorised and regulated by the
Financial Services Authority). You should provide details
of your policy and in particular, your policy number, to help
with the speedy handling of your enquiry. If the matter is
not resolved to your satisfaction, or you are still not satisfied,
please write to: UK Underwriting, on behalf of Norwich Union
Insurance Ltd, 8 Surrey Street, Norwich, NR1 3NG. If the matter
is not resolved to your satisfaction, you can then refer the
The Financial Ombudsman Services
South Quay Plaza
183 Marsh Wall
Any references to any of the above will not affect your right
to take legal proceedings.